Nice cream bombed with bliss balls for the ultimate treat.
Ticks all the boxes. Vegan and free from wheat, gluten, nuts, egg, soy, dairy and refined sugar. Suitable for AIP too.
There are two components to this dessert/breakfast/lunch/snack (and no rules on what time of day you can enjoy it either)!!
So it is bliss ball sprinkle and banana nice cream.
Bliss ball sprinkle
- 1 cup soaked dates
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1-2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons sunflower seeslds
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Whizz together until the mixture resembles bliss balls
- Crumble onto an oven tray, lightly greased with coconut oil
- Pop in the oven at 180C/350F for 8 minutes, optional turning at the 4 minute mark
- Pop into the fridge for minimum half an hour
Banana Nice Cream
- 2 cups of frozen banana chunks
- A little coconut cream or rice milk to help the mixture whizz easily
- Put ingredients into the food processor and whizz until smooth (approx 5 minutes) stopping to stir and push down the mixture as required (approximately every 1-2 minutes).
Bliss Nice Cream
- Layer the ingredients OR stir it all together and serve immediately.
Note – to make ahead of time, make the bliss ball sprinkle and store in fridge and seperately make the nice cream and store in freezer. Take out the nice cream 5 min before serving, whizz it up for a nice consistency and then combine the two layers.