Move over cuppa tea, you have been replaced with a lovely, warm cuppa tumeric!
There is just something about fresh tumeric root that is so fresh, warming and earthy. The smell, the taste, the colour – I am most definately in love!
I found some at a local Asian supermarket and froze it, it sits quite appropriately next to my mountain of frozen ginger and I always use the two together. They are both great grated from frozen (I leave the skin on).
- Fresh Tumeric Root
- Fresh Ginger Root
- Dairy free milk of choice (almond is amazing, but rice or coconut would work well too)
- 1 x teabag per cup (Dilmah is my choice)
- Cardoman powder
- Cinnamon powder
Optional: You can use honey or maple syrup to sweeten, and also vanilla works well here.
- Add all ingredients into a saucepan on a low heat
- Stir every minute or so until hot. Do not let it boil.
- Allow to sit for a minute or two
- Kick back and enjoy