For those who follow the 80/20 rule, this is an excellent choice of food to indulge on.
Happy birthday to my fiancé! You’re wonderful and I love you! His extended family do not have allergies nor does he but our kids do, so I had the challenge of coming up with a cake everyone would love.
The entire extended and immediate family all agree that it is tastier than the “crazy cake/depression cake” as an allergy friendly cake for birthday celebrations. It is pretty damn tasty. You be the judge.
Try out this too easy recipe with no unusual ingredients and reignite your love for cheesecake.
This is free from dairy, egg, nut, gluten and wheat and can be made vegan.
Disclaimer: There is sugar and soy from the dark chocolate.
2 cups Shredded coconut
2 cups Dates
3 x dessert spoons Cocoa
2 x 270ml ayam coconut cream, frozen for one hour
1 x block of whitikers 50% dark chocolate
3 x teaspoons gelatin (use agar agar to make vegan)
3-4 dessert spoons of Olivani Margarine
1 x block whitikers 65% dark chocolate or darker if preferred (minus two rows with my fiancé ate).
Note: If you can handle nuts, go for gold adding them into the base! Almonds and macadamia would be my choice I think however my son with anaphylaxis cannot enjoy this, or definitely add in oreos if you want to although this does add wheat and gluten in but they are dairy and egg free.
1. Pre heat oven to 180C/350F
2. In a food processor, mix dates and shredded coconut. A 1:1 ratio.
3. Grease a cake tin with margarine
4. Press the base into the cake tin, making sure it’s thick enough not to have any cracks.
5. Fridge it for 15 mins
6. Bake it for 15 mins
7. Fridge it for 15 or more mins to create a lovely, hard base.
(P.s. yes, this is just a basic bliss ball mix and does make for yummy, healthy cookies!)
Cool, so now you’ve got a base you can do the filling.
1. Break chocolate up into bits
2. Simmer in a pot over a low heat
3. Add coconut cream and gelatin
4. Pour into base and smooth
5. Fridge it for a few hours or overnight
Tip: This will set pretty quick smart, don’t delay too much
1. Break up chocolate
2. Simmer in a saucepan over a low heat with margarine
3. Pour on top of the filling and smooth
4. Fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
There we have it!
Pop in a candle and sing happy birthday. It’s cheesecake time!
Food is one of life’s pleasures. Enjoy xxx