Over bliss balls? Want to make something which looks attractive enough to serve to guests?? These cute wee desserts are seriously easy, like your toddler can help with them because they are so easy – and we even used his kids cookie cutter set to make the shape haha! Plus there are no weird ingredients.
As with all of my recipes, these are free from dairy, soy, egg, wheat, gluten, nightshades and refined sugar plus they can be made nut free. Just omit the nuts! No substitute required.
- 1 cup softened dates (soften by soaking in hot water for 10 minutes then discard the water), alternatively use medjool dates
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 dessert spoons of cocoa (or use cacao if you have it)
- Optional – a handful of crushed almonds (whizz in food processor to crush)
- Optional – cacao nibs or dried fruit
I cheated and just whizzed some frozen berries with a little honey to make sticky..
Note: the middle can be berries, peanut butter – anything you have in the cupboards!
- In a food processor whizz all base ingredients until crumbly
- Use a cylinder cookie cutter shape and press the base in 2/3 on the depth
- Top with your berry compote (or other filling)
- Use a little more base to put on top, press firmly. It might mean the middle oozes out the sides, this is a good thing so go with it 🙂
- Decorate with a little desiccated coconut
- They can be baked for 5 – 10 minutes at 180C/350F or left raw.
A healthy dessert suitable for many! Enjoy.
Love, Aleshia Dearlove x
Chocolate base is cacao nibs, softened dates, desiccated coconut, cocoa and some have almonds.
Can be made nut free by leaving out the nuts, no substitute required.